Regular dental cleanings are the key to having a beautiful smile and healthy teeth. Maintaining the health of our teeth and gums requires routine dental cleanings. Your smile is a priceless gem, and at Wilmot Family Dentistry, we’re dedicated to unraveling the myths surrounding dental cleanings and demonstrating their critical role in preserving oral health. Dental cleanings are a crucial component of a preventative dental care regimen. Let’s look more closely at what happens during a dental cleaning for oral hygiene.
The Basics of Dental Cleanings:
A professional dental cleaning, often known as prophylaxis, is performed by a dentist. It comprises carefully cleaning the teeth and gums to remove plaque, tartar, and accumulated stains since your last cleaning.
Step-by-Step Dental Cleaning Process:
- Examination: The dental professional will check your mouth before cleaning to discover any potential health concerns.
- Plaque and tartar removal: Plaque is a sticky coating of germs that grows on your teeth constantly, whereas tartar is hardened plaque that cannot be removed by brushing. These deposits are meticulously scraped from your teeth using special dental equipment.
- Cleaning and polishing: After removing plaque and tartar, the dental professional will deep clean your teeth with a high-powered electric brush and gritty toothpaste, leaving them polished and smooth.
- Flossing: Even if you regularly floss at home, a dental hygienist can access those difficult-to-reach spaces between your teeth and gums with professional flossing.
- Rinsing: The mouth will be rinsed to eliminate any particles released during cleaning.
- Fluoride treatment: Fluoride treatment is especially important for children or patients with a higher risk of cavities. Fluoride helps strengthen the enamel and protect teeth from decay.
- Oral hygiene tips: Based on the inspection and cleaning, the dental expert will give personalized suggestions and recommendations to enhance your oral hygiene practice.
Dental cleanings are an important aspect of maintaining excellent oral health and preventing dental problems in the future. Remember that a healthy grin leads to a healthier you.
Ready to prioritize your oral health? Schedule a professional dental cleaning at Wilmot Family Dentistry today! Take the first step towards a healthier smile by calling us at
(520) 790 -9100 or book your appointment online. Your smile deserves the best care possible, and we are here to make that happen. Act now for a brighter, healthier tomorrow!